Saturday 21 July 2018

July 15-20, On the road again

Sunday morning Dave was pretty sore after his 10km race the day before. I got up first, made coffee, took Margaret out to do her business and came back in to massage his calf's before he got up. We had a quick breakfast and I set Dave up writing a blog post with Margaret. I went out for my walk/run. I am trying out some new shoes and they seem very comfortable. I'm not likely to become a "runner" as my back won't tolerate much impact. I have started running on grassy areas though. I did 5km in 43 minutes today and that is enough. After showers we headed out to Spruce Grove for groceries, fuel etc. We also got some concrete sealer as we need to put a couple coats on the garage floor and parking apron before we start construction next week.  Around 6:00 pm there was enough shade so out we went with our rollers and got it done.
July16
   Monday morning Dave's legs felt a bit better so we took a slow walk with Margaret. We started cleaning and packing as we are heading back to Bonnyville tomorrow for a couple days. Around 2:30 Derek (Carter) came out for a visit. We took him on a walking tour of Pineridge and, of course, stopped at the Nine Iron Grill for a beverage.
Cheers!

Dave may not miss work but he does miss the people
Derek had a date so headed back to the city and Dave and I had a couple games of crib outside on the picnic table and then some supper. Afterwards Dave did a second coat of garage sealer on the apron while I cleaned up. 
July 17
    After breakfast and a short walk we got everything packed up in the truck. It's 31C today....so hot! We got on the road fairly early as we are stopping in St. Albert to do some shopping and have an appointment with our financial planner. It was too hot to leave Margaret in the truck so I ran in and out of stores while Dave stayed with her. Thankfully the staff at Investors let her join us for our meeting. They even brought her some water. That's service!! After that we were off to Bonnyville...again. We got home in time to unpack, make supper and head downstairs where it was cool.
Momma and triplets! Still have spots...so cute
July 18
   We discovered that the realtor (we think) had left all the exterior lights on the back of the house when he showed it June 28th. Uggghhh! The entire back of the house is covered in webs, bugs and bug poop. I have to run to town for groceries, pick up the mail and grab some Spider Ban. Dave got on the tractor and started mowing. When I got home I swept off the back of the house and then got at pressure washing it. Dave was done with the tractor by the time I finished the upper level so he helped out with the lower level. Then I had to clean all my windows...again. We have really hard water here and it leaves a real mess if you spray it and leave it. 
July 19
  Thursday we were up early to start again. This time Dave is roto-tilling my old vegetable garden and then spraying the entire driveway as it too is now covered with weeds. I set out to weeding both my big perennial gardens. Acreage living is a lifestyle choice and we loved it for many years. When you are there full-time it is easily manageable to keep up. Now that we are spending most of our time away it has become nothing but work and stress. I sure hope it sells soon. It would be lovely to come back to Bonnyville just for visits and fun! Screw it! Let's do that right now! I called up Tianna and she is home. It's about time I met her new baby, Indie :)
Two beautiful girls! I really miss my work family too 
Next stop is Paul and Di's. Di is still at work so we had a nice visit with Paul to start. Him and Dave loaded up a few tools that we are borrowing for our our garage build. When Di got home we drove down to the lake and had a visit. It was great but too short.
Paul and Dave
 I only took one picture of Di and it was terrible so I won't post it but it was great to see her beautiful face. I miss you every day! We got home shortly after 7:00 pm to have some supper, do a load of laundry and run the dishwasher.
July 20
   Friday morning Dave went for a short run (2km) as his knee has been bothering him. Margaret and I did a 3km walk. Home for showers and to pack up the truck. We did a quick run through town and then out to drop a compressor to Paul (we took his big one and brought him our smaller one). Now we are off to Pineridge. The weather is quite nice but they have severe weather warnings out for most of the province this afternoon. We made it all the way to Trailblazer RV (to pick up a pressure switch for our hot water heater) before we hit really bad weather.
This could get weird

Checking for rotation, nope. Let's hit the road.

Bad choice: Rain, hail, wind and lightning. Maybe we should pull over.

Much nicer inside O.J.'s in Stony Plain
While we were enjoying an appetizer and a beverage we got a text from Kent. The sailfish that our grandson, Nathan, caught last winter in Cancun had finally been delivered. Beautiful fish Nathan! I'm thinking it cost a lifetime worth of allowances to get it mounted though! lol
We finally arrived at PGR and unloaded the truck in the pouring rain. The storm was heading east towards Bonnyville. We hear they got 4 inches of rain there. Crazy!!
Paul texted this pic from their deck rain gauge!!
Saturday we are celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary and Ashtyn's birthday! We're going to their house (Ryan & Ashtyn) this afternoon for some bevvies and supper. More on that next time. Look at this we are caught up and current on the blog !!!











No comments:

Post a Comment